‘Any Time With Vin Forte’ Episode Seven: “An Open-Source Controller” [Guest: Daedelus]
This episode I was privileged to have a conversation with critically-acclaimed Musician/DJ/Producer ‘Daedelus.’ We discussed a large breadth of topics including his use of the monome, musicians as brands in 2015, the loudness wars, remix culture and sampling, music as synesthesia, the calculations behind songs used in advertising, Dublab and the LA Beat scene, being remixed by Madlib and MF Doom, doing the score for the popular Indie game Nidhogg, working on the Old Spice “Muscle Music” commercials, and more.
CHECK OUT DAEDELUS OVER AT WWW.DAEDELUSMUSIC.COM
ADD TO YOUR PLAYLIST ON YOUR STITCHER APP
NEXT EPISODE DROPS: November 18th
- Click here to see Daedelus’ TedxTalk on the perceptions of performance.
- Go support and donate to Dublab by heading over to their website.
- Watch Daedelus work his magic on the monome over here.
- You know you want to watch that insane Terry Crews Old Spice “Muscle Music” commercial.
- Head over here to check out and buy/download Nidhogg.
- Episode image of Daedelus by Laura Darlington.