Welcome Back To DAPS, We Missed You Too!
Welcome back to the show, internet friends! The above video represents the way you should feel about our return :)
It’s been two years plus since we’ve run DAPS regularly, but we’re getting back into the swing of things. Since we’ve been gone, you’ve seen a good True Detective and a bad one, Shake Shack and The Halal Guys have franchised, Television lost David Letterman, Jon Stewart, and Stephen Colbert only to gain Trevor Noah, Larry Wilmore, and Stephen Colbert, gay marriage was legalized, and we met the future president, Left Shark. There was more stuff, but you get the picture, it’s been a long time. We shouldn’t have left you without a dope beat to step to. (step to, step to.)
On the new site, you’ll see some OG DAPS writers contributing to the site as well as some new names popping up on posts. It’s a very exciting time for us, as we were incredibly bored not pumping out the good internet content for everyone. There will be videos (maybe a web series or two?), there will be photoshops, there will be podcasts from *THE* MightyVin, and all sorts of other fun things that you probably didn’t realize that you missed.
Right now, the site is pretty minimal, there are some posts from when the site lived exclusively on Tumblr, and only *some* of the bells and whistles are turned on. A lot of the old content is being cleaned up, but should be back shortly. We in the industry call this a “soft launch”, we’ll have some sort of grand opening with a party real soon, so if you’re in the NYC area, Stay Tuned.
Anyway, here are some cool things that we would have posted, if we were posting during the last couple of years:
- Our friend Don Arangio has been producing short films, one of which actually caught the attention of the fine people at Dairy Queen.
- Staten Island based pop-punk act Everything Ever signed to a record label, because their songwriting is catchy as all hell.
- Geoff Celis’ “Some Guys are Bigger Than Others” features our very own FLAM. It’s a short about Morrissey and Luchador Wrestling.
- Everything that The Dictionary of Obscure Sorrows has put out has been amazing. I’ll probably do a full post about them, soon.
- Method Man made a Breaking Bad themed music video. Whaddup, sponsor!
- I made a beautiful video, one that really showcases the true beauty in the world.
- Pete Holmes got a show, and lost it, but he still has a great podcast and his stand up is really funny.
- Patent Pending released a few albums, but I think I’ll share “Brighter” with you here because it’s pretty appropriate.
Finally, I’ll leave you with a couple of photos to remind you that our friends Mike Shane and Dave Giordano are both still awesome:
Mike Shane [visit his site]
David Giordano [visit his site, too]